segunda-feira, 12 de setembro de 2011

Pink Skink



Pink Skink


THE PINK SKINK

By Philip Schanberger

Illustrated by Carol Corone
All rights reserved. © ApplePieBrasil














I once had a pet skink whose color was pink.
Now that’s quite unusual, wouldn’t you think?

He had a long tail that was bit by a mink,
so he dragged it around, complete with a kink.
Once when he was thirsty and needed a drink,
he climbed up the cupboards to the edge of the sink.


When he got to the rim, perched high on the brink,

he lost his balance and was gone in a blink.


He slid down the drain pipe, plated in zinc,

with his crooked tail going “clink, clink, clink.”

I grabbed my tools and loosened a link,
As he popped out his head, he gave me a wink.



Dirty and grimy, the color of ink,
I was happy to find my little pink skink.

Dedicated to my family:
Kaydon, John, James, Lucas and Momma too.
I love you all.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário